Your home is the center of your daily life, and likely your most valuable asset. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this simple fact. At Red Rocks Insurance Agency, we are here to help you find the right insurance for your home. Whether you’re a home or condo owner, a renter, or a landlord, we will work with you to find a home insurance policy that fits your needs.
What does a homeowners policy cover?
- Protection for Your Home - Property or Dwelling Coverage typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a kitchen fire or windstorm.
- Protection for You and Other People - Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued.
- Medical Coverage - This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
- Additional Living Expenses - If you can’t live in your home because of a covered loss, your home insurance policy will pay additional living expenses—commonly for up to 24 months—while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt.
- Protection for Your Belongings - Your home is filled with furniture, clothes, electronics and other items that mean a lot to you. Personal Property Insurance helps replace these items if they are lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage If you own special jewelry, art, antiques, collectibles, sports equipment or other valuable items, talk to us about this additional coverage. It provides broader coverage for specific items and most of the time, there is no deductible.
- If You Rent Out Your Home - Landlords may have the option to buy optional liability coverage for the risks posed by tenant-occupied dwellings.
Every home is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on homeowners insurance for you.